JOB OPENING: Graduate Analyst
Oakwell, based in London, is the leading advisory boutique dedicated to the sports sector globally. We have a strong track record of advising iconic sports brands as well as executing high profile transactions. Oakwell has expertise across 10+ sports, esports and emerging sports technology businesses.
Working with sports rightsholders, governing bodies, clubs/franchises, sports tech companies & investors, Oakwell provides independent strategic, commercial & financial advice to solve complex challenges in the sports industry. Oakwell combines unmatched expertise in the sports industry with deep financial & commercial skillsets to deliver optimal outcomes for its clients.
When we set up Oakwell Sports Advisory, we did so born from the frustration that the gulf between generic advisors and management consultants left the client having to close the gap, often missing opportunities through lack of sector knowledge.
What is it in for you?
- Direct contact with Oakwell partners from Day 1 + client-facing interaction
- Become a key player in a dynamic & growing team
- Fully immersed in the business of sport
- Build up valuation & financial modelling skills
- Paid training & qualifications: CISI/ICAEW Corporate Finance Certificate & Diploma
- Opportunity to play a role in the growth of sport through capital
- Remuneration: Competitive salary + discretionary annual bonus
As a Graduate Analyst at Oakwell, you will have the opportunity to work directly alongside the partners at Oakwell as well as with its clients in a way that may not be possible at a larger firm. Your responsibilities will include:
- Own & conduct sector analysis (e.g. undertake independent research, analyse qualitative & quantitative data)
- Produce first-class pitch decks & Investment Memoranda for clients
- Contribute actively to team discussion, origination ideas, problem-solving (e.g. identify challenges within the business & provide solutions)
- Maintain & strengthen Oakwell’s investor database, tracking relevant companies and investments in relevant verticals
- Financial Modelling
- Keep Oakwell & its clients up to date with latest trends & news across the sports industry
What do we look for in our ideal candidate?
- An independent, self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Relevant industrial placement or summer internship experience
- Comfortable dealing with clients at all levels
- Driven & committed to assist in the development of early-stage investment and advisory ideas
- Capable of working in a small, dynamic team
- Strong interest in sport & entertainment but be capable of operating across multiple sectors
- Experienced PowerPoint & research skillset delivering first-class presentations
- Advanced communication, written and excel modelling skills
- Understanding of corporate finance and ideally with exposure to as many of the following (in order of importance):
- Valuations (multiples / IRR / DCF)
- Forecasting / cash flow modelling
- Writing and critiquing business plans
- M&A and LBO analysis
- Deadline: 4th August
- 1st Round: Rolling telephone interviews (30min) as applications are submitted
- 2nd Round & final interview (60 min): Successful candidates will be tasked with a company case study, which will involve 20-min video presentation (c. 4 slides) to Senior Oakwell team
- Proposed start date: Monday 31st August
Note: The new Oakwell office will be open from September onwards and there is enough desk space to maintain social distancing rules. We envisage a normal working week structure both involving time spent in the office as well as working from home. As you will appreciate this situation is constantly evolving and Oakwell will adapt to best suit the health & requirements of its employees.