JOB OPENING: 12-month Placement Analyst (Summer 2023 start)
Oakwell, based in London, sits at the convergence between sport, media, and technology, underpinned by first-class investor and rights holder relationships.
Oakwell is the dedicated corporate finance boutique and strategic consultancy that advises sports rights holders and investors on commercial strategy, financing options, and valuation.
Oakwell partners with outstanding sports rights holders, investors, and technology companies to deliver industry-leading advice and has pioneered the influx of institutional capital into the sports sector.
All 10 members of the Oakwell team have a voice and we are excited for you to be a part of the growing Oakwell family.
What is it in for you?
- Fully immersed in the business of sport
- Direct contact and learning with Oakwell partners from day 1
- Client-facing interaction
- Become a key player in a dynamic and growing team
- Build up financial skillset (valuation and modelling) supported by paid training and qualifications: CISI/ICAEW Corporate Finance Certificate and Modelling Courses
- Hybrid working structure (3-4 days in the office is typical)
As a Placement Analyst, you will have the opportunity to work directly alongside the partners at Oakwell and our clients in a way that may not be possible at a larger firm. Your responsibilities will include:
- Own and conduct sports sector analysis (including sports tech companies)
- Undertake independent desktop research, analyse, and interpret qualitative and quantitative data from investment, commercial, and economic databases
- Adopt an ecosystem approach by incorporating multiple perspectives e.g. Governance, Commercial, Financial, Strategic
- Produce first-class PowerPoint pitch decks and investment materials for clients
- Manage Oakwell’s investor and sports technology database, tracking relevant companies and investments in relevant verticals
- Financial Modelling (assisted through Wall Street Prep courses)
- Keep Oakwell and its clients up to date with the latest trends and news across the sports industry
- Contribute to Oakwell’s Investment in Sport newsletter
- Contribute actively to team discussion and take responsibility from day 1
- Don’t be afraid to identify challenges within our business (or the sector more broadly) and provide solutions
What do we look for in our ideal candidate?
- An independent, self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Either a current placement student or a recent graduate with relevant work/internship experience
- Comfortable dealing with clients at all levels
- Driven and committed to assisting in the development of early-stage investment and advisory ideas
- Capable of working in a small, dynamic team
- Strong interest in sport, media, technology, and entertainment but can operate across multiple sectors
- Experienced PowerPoint and research skillset, delivering first-class presentations
- Advanced communication, written and excel skillset
- Understanding of corporate finance and ideally with exposure to
- Investment valuation methods (multiples / IRR / DCF)
- Writing and critiquing business plans
- CV and Cover Letter submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1st Round: Successful candidates will be approached by members of the Oakwell team to arrange a telephone interview (30min) starting from September 2022
- Final Round: 60-min interview with Oakwell Partners and Senior Team including a case study.
- Proposed start date: June 2023
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Please complete the form below to apply for this position.