JOB OPENING: Placement Analyst – July/August 2024 start
Oakwell is a dedicated corporate finance boutique and strategic consultancy. We advise sports rightsholders, technology companies, and investors on commercial strategy, financing options, and valuation.
Based in London, we sit at the convergence between sport, media, and technology, delivering industry-leading advice to some of the most influential companies in global sport. Oakwell is a dynamic company that has pioneered the influx of institutional capital into the sports sector.
The successful candidate will gain exposure working across all of Oakwell’s 3 business pillars:
- Corporate finance advisory
- Strategic consultancy
- Sportstech M&A and fundraising
All 10 members of the Oakwell team have a voice and we are excited for you to be a part of the growing Oakwell family.
What is it in for you?
- Become fully immersed in the business of sport
- Direct contact and learning with Oakwell partners from day 1
- Client-facing interaction
- Become a key player in a dynamic and growing team
- Build up financial skillset (valuation and modelling) supported by paid training and qualifications: CISI/ICAEW Corporate Finance Certificate & Diploma and Wall Street Prep modelling courses
- Hybrid working structure (typically Mon-Thurs in office)
As a Placement Analyst, you will have the opportunity to work directly alongside partners and our clients in a way that may not be possible at a larger firm. Your responsibilities will include:
- Owning and conducting sports sector analysis (including sportstech companies)
- Undertaking independent desktop research, analysing and interpreting qualitative and quantitative data from investment, commercial, and economic databases
- Adopting an ecosystem approach by incorporating multiple perspectives e.g. Governance, Commercial, Financial, Strategic
- Producing professional standard PowerPoint pitch decks, strategic reports, and investment materials for clients
- Managing Oakwell’s investor and sports technology database, tracking relevant companies and investments in relevant verticals
- Financial Modelling (assisted through Wall Street Prep courses)
- Keeping Oakwell and its clients up to date with the latest trends and news across the sports industry
- Contributing to Oakwell’s LinkedIn, weekly Investment in Sport newsletter, and other external communications
- Contributing actively to team discussion and taking responsibility from day 1
- Not being afraid to identify challenges within our business (or the sector more broadly) and provide solutions
What do we look for in our ideal candidate?
- Current university student seeking a placement, with relevant work/internship experience
- Strong interest in the business of sport, media, technology, and entertainment
- Interest in corporate finance and M&A
- Strong research skills
- Advanced PowerPoint and Excel user, with strong written communication
- An independent, self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Comfortable dealing with clients at all levels
- Driven and committed to assisting in the development of early-stage investment and advisory ideas
- Capable of working in a growing, dynamic team
- Understanding of corporate finance and ideally exposure to
- Investment valuation methods (multiples / IRR / DCF)
- Writing and critiquing business plans
- Please submit your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or via the website form by 31st December 2023
- 1st Round: Successful candidates will be approached by members of the Oakwell team to arrange a video interview (30-minute)
- 2nd Round: Follow-up interview with members of the Senior Team (30-minute)
- Final Round: 60-minute interview with Oakwell Partners, including a short case study presentation.
- Proposed start date: July/August 2024
- Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis and the position will be filled when a suitable candidate is identified
Oakwell is unfortunately unable to offer visa sponsorship for candidates. Candidates must therefore have the right to work in the UK.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Please complete the form below to apply for this position.